CAPTEC is an Irish-owned, high technology software company founded in 1979. With a staff of over 20 persons Its field of specialisation lies in the production of advanced software for use in Aerospace, Aeronautics, Industrial and Medical Imaging environments.
CAPTEC is experienced in handling major industrial projects and working with international consortia.
Fields of activity are:
• Software development for critical systems;
• Image Processing and Compression
• Applications development;
• Independent software validation ,
• Sale and licensing of CAPTEC products and technology
CAPTEC developed the critical AOCS on-board software for
• Infrared Solar Observatory (ISO)
• Solar Observatory (SOHO)
• X-Ray Multi Mirror (XMM)
Data management and control software for:
• Rosetta Lander (PHILAE) Electrical Support System (ESS)
Independent Software Validation projects just completed include:
• ROSETTA ISV,
• MARS EXPRESS ISV and
• Venus Express ISV.