PARAGON is Research & Development SME with Industrial Services, established in 1995.
Main activities of the RTD segment of PARAGON include:
- RTD services to Private and Public clientel
- RTD expertise contribution to EC research initiatives as an RTD Performer
- In-house RTD.
PARAGON actively participates in many areas of research on European level, and has participated in 22 EC projects to date in:
- Aeronautics & Surface Transport
- ICT & IST
- Energy [including Rational Use of Energy (RUE)]
- Innovation & SMEs.
PARAGON is also a Full SME Member of EPoSS: European Technology Platform for Smart Systems Integration. PARAGON participates to EPoSS Work Groups (WGs) such as WG Aeronautics and WG Key Technologies [cross-cutting technology development issues].
Indicative EC-funded Research & Innovation projects participations include:
Framework Programme VII (FP7):
- CRESCENDO: Collaborative and Robust Engineering using Simulation Capability Enabling Next Design Optimisation [Aeronautics, AIRBUS FR, Level 2, 2009].
- ADOSE: Reliable Application Specific Detection of Road Users with Vehicle On-Board Sensors [ICT, Centro Ricerche Fiat-CRF, Level1, 2008].
Framework Programme VI (FP6):
- MOET: More Open Electrical Technologies [Aeronautics, AIRBUS France, Integrated Project, 2006].
- TATEM: Technologies And Techniques for nEw Maintenance concepts [Aeronautics, Smiths-Aerospace, Integrated Project, 2004].
- AVERT: Aerodynamic Validation of Emission Reducing Technologies << Active Flow Control Technologies >> [Aeronautics, AIRBUS UK, STREP, 2007].
- MESEMA: Magnetoelastic Energy Systems for Even More Electric Aircraft [Aeronautics, STREP, 2004].
- SENSE: Smart Embedded Network of Sensing Entities << Civil Security Monitoring Platform for Airport Terminal Surveillance and Security >> [IST, STREP, 2006].
- SWOP: Semantic Web-based Open Engineering Platform [Joint IST-NMP, STREP, 2005].
Framework Programme V (FP5):
- HEACE: Health Effects in Aircraft Cabin Environment << Multi-dimensional Human Response Model for simulation, determination, optimisation of the Health-Safety-Comfort factors for Cockpit-Cabin Crew and Passengers -- Indicative Applications: FTL, Flights scheduling, Aircraft Operation, Aircraft Configuration >> [Aeronautics, GROWTH, 2001].
- CASH: Collaborative Working within the Aeronautical Supply Chain [Aeronautics, GROWTH, 2001].
Framework Programme IV (FP4):
- SMARTACUS: Smart Acoustic House << Active Noise Control Systems >> [BRITE EURAM 3].
- SEANET: Statistical Energy Analysis Thematic Network [BRITE EURAM 3].
- NOCOMAT: Noise Control Materials Thematic Network [BRITE EURAM 3].
In-house Expertise & Know-How:
- Computational Intelligence Techniques
- Evolutionary Computation-Optimization Algorithms (multi-objective design-process-topology-control optimisation and/or configuration applications)
- Acoustics & Vibration
- Active Vibration & Noise Control Systems
- Self-determining – Automatic – Active Vibration Control Systems
- Integrated – Simultaneously optimized multi-functional systems (e.g., structural health monitoring, energy harvesting, active vibration control)
- Human Response and Performance Modelling and Tools [Aerospace and Transport]
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Mechanical & Electrical Fault Detection and Classification applications
- Health Usage Monitoring
- Sensor and Actuator Networks
- Data Acquisition & Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Rational Use of Energy & Renewables
- Knowledge & Technology Promotion and Transfer.
- Software Development
- Diagnostics & Monitoring Techniques
- Actuators Smart Actuators & Smart Structures
- Non-Destructive Testing & Inspection
- Micro-mechanical devices.
Main Activities of the Industrial Services segment of PARAGON include:
- Engineering, Metrology, and Consultancy services to Private and Public entities, and
- Representation of Manufacturers of Industrial and Scientific Instrumentation (Hardware & Software) ranging from Measurement, Inspection, Monitoring, Control systems, and Calibration systems, to markets in Greece and S/E Europe, coupled with expert research and application services. This latter activity is a direct result of the combination of our successful involvement in EC-funded research initiatives together with our extensive research and application know-how.
PARAGON represents over 20 state-of-the-art Industrial & Scientific Instrumentation Manufacturers from the European Union (EU) and the United States of America (USA). For more information on our broad range of products offered and/or cooperation opportunities, please contact PARAGON at email@example.com.
Products & Services
Last update by Mr. Harry Tsahalis, Thu 16 Apr 2009